[Community-news] OLPC News (2008-02-09)

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sun Feb 10 21:32:41 EST 2008

Chris Ball wrote:

>    > The good news is that the 2W total matches what olpc-logbat reports
>    > as being the average for a 4.5 hour uninterrupted suspend session
>    > so measured matches reality.  The bad news is that this works out
>    > to only about 8.5 hours of battery life with no wakups.
>
> My own perspective here is that 8.5 hours in the idle case isn't bad
> news for where we're at -- Update.1 should still end up doubling the
> battery life seen by mostly-idle XOs.

Sure 8.5 hours is great.  But remember thats the ideal case.  The laptop
is basically untouched and had no wireless wakeups. So its the upper
bound.  We have to push that mark as far as we possibly can.

> (Even if the EC timer code takes a while to appear,

They are in my tree already.  Just not fully tested.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child