Installing Sugar on Fedora 7

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Sun Feb 10 06:05:49 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 17:00 -0500, Yifan Sun wrote:
> Hello, I’m new to the list so I don’t know if this is the appropriate
> place to ask, but I’m having some difficulties installing the Sugar
> emulator on Fedora 7. I’m trying to use jhbuild, but I keep running
> into a transaction check error:
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>
>   file /usr/share/man/man1/Xserver.1.gz from install of
> xorg-x11-server-Xephyr-1.3.0.0-16.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.3.0.0-9.fc7

I'm not a fedora user, but perhaps you can tell rpm to install xephyr
regardless of the conflict? I don't think that replacing the man page
will cause any problems ;)

> yum clean all doesn't help, and if I actually do yum remove
> xorg-11-server-Xorg-1.3.0.0-9.fc7, I end up losing all of Xserver
> completely.
>
> Is this a common problem with emulating on Fedora, and is there a
> known way to get around this error without removing anything? Thanks!

Please add a comment to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Fedora when
you get it running.

And feel free to ask in #sugar if you need a quick answer:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/IRC#irc.freenode.net_channels

Good luck,

Tomeu