Keyboard layout: switching from Amharic <> US

Walter Bender walter at laptop.org
Sat Feb 9 14:04:38 EST 2008

If things are so scrambled that you cannot sot them out, you can always:

(1) boot with the O key down to load your alternative image;
(2) do an olpc-update from the console; or
(3) reflash

But it is likely just a (simple) matter of checking your i18n-related files.

Make sure that the values in /etc/sysconfig/keyboard are correct:
KEYTABLE="us"
XKB_MODEL="olpc"
XKB_LAYOUT="us"
XKB_VARIANT=""