How to create a new MIME type for a Sugar activity?

Jameson "Chema" Quinn jquinn at
Wed Feb 6 17:13:06 EST 2008

This is a little off-topic, but just wondering...

In my work on Develop, I am looking at a similar situation: application
bundles. These are zip files with the extension .xo. My question is, why
bother zipping them if the file system compresses anyway?

Why not, you ask. I know that ziptools can work on them in place (actually I
don't want to anyway). But if the journal is going to eventually do version
control, it may one day want to do diffs, and stuffing everything into a zip
makes that a lot tougher.

OTOH, these things do fly over the net, there is bandwidth.

The same questions could be asked about any bundle file which is really a
zip. Especially if it is full of jpg files, which zip doesn't compress any

Just a thought,