Association test

Ricardo Carrano carrano at ricardocarrano.com
Thu Feb 7 16:21:55 EST 2008

As part of the wireless test suite, I am writing a test script for the
association process.  Basically you write a configuration file with the info
on some essids; the script parses the file and tries to associate to each of
the APs in loop.

The only drawback is that the script kills NetworkManager, so it does not
test all the components involved (only firmware and driver).
I suspect it is possible to send dbus-messages to NM asking for it to
associate, and then listen to the bus and wait for an answer.

My question is whether this mechanism is documented somewhere.

Comments in the idea are also welcome, of course.
Any help you be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Ricardo Carrano