Licensing for One Laptop Per Child

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:27:07 EST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 3:21 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:

> We won't ship any content that cannot be shared on the laptops.
>
> Creators are welcome to publish collections and books under any
> license they wish, for others to download, but we strongly recommend
> simple attribution and share-alike licenses.
>
> For more on licensing, see   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Licensing
>
> SJ

People can create .xo bundles of what they like. We are not talking
yet about including Josh's materials in a build, just about making
them available.

Anyway, I only asked my first question, to establish an agreement on
the principle of the thing, before we get to the haggling over the
details.

Second round: Josh, would you and your publisher consider a Creative
Commons-Sharealike license, or some other license that would allow all
XO users to have your software and book?

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/