What's left for Update.1

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:46:29 EST 2008

On 2/4/08, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008 10:31 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> > On Feb 4, 2008 11:50 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 2008/2/4 Kim Quirk <kim at laptop.org>:
>
> <..snipped>
>

> > > For translations, I would also probably push Mongolian in, along with
> > > Spanish. I am currently making those two sets of translations go
> >
> > I really believe that we will need an update.1.1 for Mongolia, so I
> > (for one) would not be sad to see the Mongolian translations not make
> > it for update.1.  By the time we can solve the networking issues for
> > Mongolia, we should have translations well in hand as well.
> >
> > Mongolia will likely not get updated again until there is another
> > opportunity to use the bulk multicast update technique again, so it
> > doesn't make too much sense to rush the Mongolian translations.
> >  --scott
>
> In that case - Spanish it is :-).

Just wanted to mention  - this _does not_ mean that we are not
including the other languages. It is only that Spanish (and Mongolian)
has had some significant work going into them at later stages (after
the original deadline for Update 1 translations had passed, due to
various reasons), and since Mongolian and Spanish are used the most by
Sugar users - we will be picking up the new Spanish translations (and
later, Mongolian as well). Other languages will remain as they are.

Apologies if my previous mail created any misconceptions.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta