disabling root and olpc passwords

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Feb 4 12:59:46 EST 2008

> Just what exactly do you need ftp for? There are much better alternatives for
> transfering files.

"Works for me."

I forget how long I have had my house LAN - must be over a decade.
Back then, I decided upon the process I would use to communicate
from the main (OS/2) system I work on, to the additional systems on
the LAN.  Ftp is how ALL of my systems are set up.  Until I want
something ftp does not provide, I see no need to install (and learn
to use) alternative ways to ship files between systems on a LAN.

--------

I posted because there appeared to be a regression (regarding asking
for passwords) in the OLPC behavior -- that exists regardless of how
I described happening to notice it.

mikus