I have an OLPCGames SVG problem

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Sat Feb 2 09:51:39 EST 2008

Kent Loobey wrote:
> I am new to both Python and SVG.  I have taken some sample code from OLPCGames
> and made a test program.  I have created an svg file using Inkscape.  if I
> use the sample "activity.svg" file it displays okay but if I use the file I
> made it does not.
>
> What Linux software can create SVG files that olpcgames svgsprite can process?
I use Inkscape for producing svg files.  Can you tell *how* it is
failing?  Is there an exception showing up in the log viewer?  Or is it
just silently showing nothing?  Is your size such that the image would
show up on-screen?  SVGSprite will try to guess a size based on the
embedded declared size of the image, so it's possible your image is
actually showing up, but you're just seeing the (blank) corner of it.

Under the covers we're just using rsvg to do the rendering, so it should
be able to handle most SVG files.

Good luck,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher