XOs with no sound

Philipp Kocher philipp.kocher at gmx.net
Wed Dec 31 03:52:05 EST 2008

Alsa keeps the values in memory and writes it into the
/etc/alsa/asound.state file during shutdown. The file has a new
timestamp, so someone is writing into it at least.

Sorry my master asound.state file was working but not standard. I have
now 5 values that are different between a standard XO (build 767) and a
"no sound XO"

Master Mono Playback Switch: is "false" should be "true" (line 50)
Master Mono Playback Volume: is "0" should be "28" (line 61)
PCM Playback Switch: is "false:false" should be "true:true" (line 178)
PCM Playback Volume: is "0:0" should be "22:22" (line 190)
Capture Volume: is "0:0" should be "15:15" (line 287)

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Philipp