XOs with no sound

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:32:38 EST 2008

Hi James et al,

That's great debugging and repair info. I especially like the use of the
stack trace command! That's a great trick for hunting down which process
is calling what files.

Do we know how this gets in a failed state to begin with?

I read the headlines of them most recent 100 bugs with "sound" in them
and I didn't see anything that would cause this. I only saw 3 old,
closed bugs with "alsactl" in them.

If we have an ideas on why or how this happens, let's file a bug and I
can track it for 9.1.

Thanks,

Greg S