[RELEASE] Etoys 4.0

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Dec 20 09:39:02 EST 2008

On 20.12.2008, at 09:47, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 Dec 2008 4:58:26 am Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> this is the first release of Etoys 4.0. The major version jump
>> signifies the end of our two-year relicensing effort.
> Wonderful! and thanks to all who made it possible.
>
> Is a corresponding Squeakland release in the offing?

Eventually, sure. We will have to wait for the dust to settle of
course. We do not do Squeakland releases that often, once or maybe
twice a year. The "big" release is always in summer before the new
school year starts.

Note that there are no big user-visible changes in 4.0, the version
bump is purely for licensing reasons. There are a few fixes on top of
that, but there is no immediate need to upgrade.

- Bert -