Downloading Scratch project to XO

John Maloney jmaloney at media.mit.edu
Tue Dec 16 18:35:59 EST 2008

Hi, Bert.

Re: does Scratch accept a .sb file on its command line?

Yes, it does.

The problem is that the journal is changing the file extension to
something like .bin, and Scratch doesn't think a .bin file is a
Scratch project file and simply ignores it.

I believe the issue is just that we need one extra file in the Scratch
activity info to tells the Journal that Scratch handles the file
extensions .sb and .sprite. I figured out what that file should have
in it a few weeks back but haven't yet had a chance to try it.

I'll give it a try and, if it works, I'll release a new version of
Scratch on the XO that includes that file.

	-- John