Slimmed Down Fedora 10 on XO (was Fedora 10 on XO)

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Tue Dec 16 12:47:43 EST 2008

greg wrote:
 > Hi All,
 >
 > Thanks for all the feedback on my questions about what it would take to
 > run a slimmed down Fedora 10 on the XO NAND.
 > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-olpc-list/2008-December/msg00022.html
 >
 > To reiterate, the goal is one distribution with two Desktop Environments
 > (Sugar and one "standard" one).
 >
 > I think the main work now is to pick the minimal package list that we
 > need and will fit on the XO NAND.
 >
 > Can anyone get a slimmed down Fedora 10 with window manager running on
 > an XO?

yes.  install any joyride.

i'm being flip, of course, but please be precise.  our installs
_are_ "slimmed down fedora" releases.  and sugar _is_ a window
manager.

(but seriously:  we only need to add to what we have -- we don't
need to start from scratch, rebuilding and/or subtracting from
fedora.)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org
 give one laptop, get one laptop --- http://www.laptop.com/xo