No surprise on memory

Erik Garrison erik at laptop.org
Tue Dec 16 10:40:50 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:45:52PM -0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> > Well, I wasn't trying to give a "solution", just suggested a "less
> > bad" way to fail. IMO, just trying to find the perfect solution while
> > not doing anything to improve what we have now is the worst of the
> > possibilities.
>
> Oh, sure. I just thought that your proposed enhancement combines well
> with the stuff we've been discussing before :-)
>
> One good trick plus another one...

What about using a NAND partition as swap?  Has this ever been done?
Given that partition support is a recent development it seems unlikely.

It could also (theoretically) allow us to do power-fully-off
hibernation, a feature which seems very useful given the power usage
patterns I've heard about from the field (laptop run until *dead*,
suspend not used because of high power draw, hard power off).

Erik