Slimmed Down Fedora 10 on XO (was Fedora 10 on XO)

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:42:48 EST 2008

Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedback on my questions about what it would take to
run a slimmed down Fedora 10 on the XO NAND.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-olpc-list/2008-December/msg00022.html

To reiterate, the goal is one distribution with two Desktop Environments
(Sugar and one "standard" one).

I think the main work now is to pick the minimal package list that we
need and will fit on the XO NAND.

Can anyone get a slimmed down Fedora 10 with window manager running on
an XO?

If so, can you record the packages and available space in the
specifications section here?
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap/Run_Fedora_applications_on_XO

RTFM answers with URLs also welcome.

Chris and Erik,

Where are we with getting a proof of concept for this feature in place?
You both mentioned some work in this area (Chris on resurrecting
something Scott did and Erik on other work). Let me know the status and
next steps.

The hard part will come when we need to pick the bare minimum set of
functionality. I especially want to know what additional
libraries/RPMs/features we need to install beyond what we alrady have in
  XO 8.2.0.

Thanks,

Greg S