[Sugar-devel] Wacom Bamboo with XO?
jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 15:12:14 EST 2008
Wade Brainerd wrote:
> BTW, if any of you guys playing around with Colors! have access to
> multiple XOs, I would love to hear how the collaboration feature is
> working (and what you think about it).
I just tried the pre-release v12 of Colors! in collaboration
mode with 2 XOs, both running Wacom graphics tablets via an
ejabber server (xo1share.org). It was pretty cool watching
strokes from one Colors! Activity appear on the other:
* The display update seems to be by continuous stroke:
XO #1 user draws a curve not lifting pen. After the stylus
is lifted from the tablet the stroke updates on XO #2.
* The mouse would need to be moved on the other XO for the
screen updates to propagate.
* The colors and brush parameters are common to both XOs
although the display of the settings widget (color and
brush type) did not update with changes from the other
* Since the cursor is shared between the two activities,
it would be better if drawing on one Activity moved the
corresponding cursor on the other XO.
* Erasing the screen was only an option on XO #1 (the inviter)
*but* the clear screen did not propagate to the other XOs
so further drawing on XO #1 was not in sync with the images
on XO #2. Suggest that clear image be propagated with the
option to do a local save to Journal on XO #2 so that work
is not lost if they wish to keep it.
* It would be really cool if each XO had its own pointer with
brush/palette/... options. One mode that would be nice
might be a sort of side-by-side version where each XO would
be able to draw its own part of the screen (by mask, not
necessarily by rectangle) so the students could work on a
* A mural mode would be excellent with a large virtual
drawing area and each XO able to pan around and draw
* The mouse drawing problem was also visible in collaboration.
More information about the Devel