Joyride SD card corruption

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Dec 12 11:34:41 EST 2008

WARNING  -- since about build 2590 I can get my "permanent" SD card
(ext2 filesystem) completely corrupted - I've had to restore it
twice.  [This is a regression - with 2583 and earlier I never saw
any SD corruption.  Note that my systems have multiple USB devices.]

I am unaware of the cause.  Everything seems fine - I type in
'shutdown -r now' - the XO shuts down and restarts - but hangs
before showing any of the OFW output lines.  [Looking afterwards
from a running system at the SD card, the ext2 filesystem on it is
thoroughly hosed (e.g., 'ls' shows questionmarks;  'fsck' lists
zillions of deleted inodes, plus incorrect refcounts, etc.).]

mikus