Collaboration using qemu emulation

Carol Farlow Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Fri Dec 12 11:24:30 EST 2008

Or run the school server on a spare machine or virtual machine. It has an
ejabberd server as part of its yummy goodness.  Btw without offering offense
to Qemu, vmware server is free as in beer on Windows, and its networking is
very easy to configure

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> (redirecting to devel lists)
>
> On 12.12.2008, at 08:52, Morgan Collett wrote:
> >
> > b.2) Run your own Jabber server. This requires ejabberd, with some
> > custom patches, which until recently meant compiling ejabberd from
> > source. Now however the required patches have been added to ejabberd
> > in debian and ubuntu, so you can just install a package and do the
> > configuration and run it, which is much simpler. See
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Installing_ejabberd/deb for the
> > instructions, which are straightforward for Ubuntu 8.10 and need a
> > little extra to install on 8.04 as you need to get the package from
> > backports.
>

> Crazy idea #2846: make available an ejabberd qemu image.
>
> - Bert -

"Don't think for a minute that power concedes. We have to work like our
future depends on it."  -- Barack Obama