2588 - Journal unusable

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:29:33 EST 2008

Hi All,

This is a great thread! Very respectful but on point and addressing a
core concern which needs to become a core competency.

Mikus, James, Gary and the other lead developers who pull down joyride
regularly are critical to the success of the next release. They proved
it in the last release.

I agree with James suggestion to get people to test new code in a
private stream before they put it in joyride. Whether that can be done
or not, we need to be more clear about when Mikus and the cutting edge
team should try out the latest version.

There will be bumps along the way, miscommunication, lost time and
wasted bandwidth. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

As long as we continuously improve and we respect each others time and
input, we'll get there.

This is open source at its best and we have to become great at it for
the success of the project.

We're off to a good start but we need to see continual improvement on
communicating status and quality of Joyride from now until release.

85 days until we send XO Software Release 9.1.0 to manufacturing!

Thanks,

Greg S