8.2.1 builds now underway.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Thu Dec 11 19:37:38 EST 2008

Dear world,

I pasted together an 8.2.1 build stream by copying the 8.2 build stream
on pilgrim.laptop.org, substituting "8.2.1" for "8.2" everywhere
appropriate, adding a branch to mock.laptop.org's git repository, and
updating the upgrade server's branch->url map.

In short, you can now:

   download 8.2.1 builds from
     http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/xo-1/streams/8.2.1/
   olpc-update 8.2.1-790 (and soon more)
   view 8.2.1 trac tickets at http://dev.laptop.org/report/35

Other comments:

So far as I know, the http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Trac_ticket_workflow is
still in force, though I'm certain that suggestions on ways that it
could be improved would be more than welcome.

I don't know yet what evidence Ed wants to see before accepting packaged
changes into this buildstream but I imagine that we'll work it out soon.

Regards,

Michael

P.S. - People who maintain build-announcers -- please update them;
they're really helpful! Thanks!