8.2.1 Bug review meeting - 1 PM EST Friday 12/12/08

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Thu Dec 11 13:04:20 EST 2008

Folks -

We¹re trying to get a very focused 8.2.1 release wrapped up to address a
small number of problems affecting or blocking key country deployments of
8.2.  A few bugs have been tagged for an 8.2.1 milestone (fifteen of them),
and we have hit one critical enough to merit triggering a release (a
regression in wireless activation, Trac #8976
https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8976).

I would like to review and discuss all tickets tagged with an 8.2.1
Milestone to ensure we understand the work and have a path forward to get an
update out quickly.  Please join an IRC discussion on #olpc-devel
(irc.freenode.net) at 1 PM Eastern time tomorrow (Friday, 12/12).  We will
walk through each of the tickets tagged with an 8.2.1 Milestone set.

Please review these tickets in Trac before the meeting and add comments as
necessary, especially if you can¹t attend the meeting.  If you have any
questions or need more information please let me know.  Thanks very much for
the help!

    - Ed