Wireless activation improvements.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Wed Dec 10 20:33:46 EST 2008

Ed, Kim, Emiliano, and Guadalupe,

As described in http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8976, I've succeeded in
repairing wifi-activation to my satisfaction. However, in its present
form, wifi-activation only makes use of the mesh and does not attempt to
acquire leases over any 802.11b/g networks. Clearly, the wifi-activation
technology would be more widely deployable if it could be used with
access points as well as with the mesh. Therefore: do we have any
interest in developing such a feature?

Michael

(Previous conversations with Emiliano and Guadalupe suggested
to me that LATU would be pleased if we did so.)

(Alternately, is LATU interested in developing such a feature with our
aid, thereby expanding its skills in this area and potentially gaining
access to the feature more quickly?)