9.1.0 Weekly Meeting minutes

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:22:31 EST 2008

Ed, Michael, Marco, Chris, Paul, Joe, Greg and possible others met on
IRC December 10th for 9.1 weekly meeting (formerly called roadmap meeting).

- XO Camp
We updated the goals for the camp. See: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XOcamp_2

We discussed the need to focus on 9.1.0 features.

Action item: Greg to edit the camp proposals to focus on top 9.1
priorities and remove most other items.

- 9.1 Schedule and Feature Roadmap
Greg noted that a new Semantic format for the feature roadmap will be
put in place ASAP. See the new format at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Features-test

Its locked for editing right now but once the new format is in place we
can quickly tag the main features which must be in 9.1.

Also noted that we will tag other features which people can work on and
we will tie this page in to Trac and to the 9.1 page.

The schedule was mentioned but it needs updating.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0#Schedule

Action item: Joe to read schedule and update as needed by next meeting:
Wed. 12/17.

Action item: Ed to read schedule and update as needed by next meeting:
Wed. 12/17

- Trac bug scrub
We discussed the need to agree on Trac conventions. Ed is the release
manager and its up to him in the end.

Action item - Ed to set a date for start of Trac scrub. He will tell us
that date by Friday 12/12.

- General
There were some complaints that we don't have a plan or that we are
spending too much time talking about stuff instead of working.

There were also complaints that we don't reach consensus on a subject
before moving to the next one. There was no consensus on the agenda but
people wanted to make the meeting longer so that everyone's opinion
could be heard.

Just noting that for the record.

My proposed agenda is below. Please comment and ask for changes or
additions or subtractions as needed.

Next meeting Wed 12/17 2PM US ET IRC Freenode.net #olpc-meeting

Agenda
30 minutes - XO Camp review and status.
45 minutes - 9.1.0 status. Schedule review, status of major features,
page updates and roadmap scrub status.
30 minutes - Trac scrub and conventions review.
15 minutes - set agenda for next week and review action items.

Thanks,

Greg S