Fedora 10 on XO

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:46:48 EST 2008

> * So we'd ship two different distributions on the NAND?
> GS - Yes.

Why are we planning on shipping two distros? Or am I missing
something? As OLPC is essentially based on Fedora and isn't that
divergent (and we're trying to make is less so) would we not be aiming
for two different desktop interfaces that can be switched between
(sort of like being able to switch between KDE and GNOME if you have
them both installed). EG Things like xulrunner are large so why would
we want two copies when we could use one and switch the interface?

If I've missed something and that is the aim, from following some of
the Fedora on XO threads on the various Fedora lists I think XFCE ran
reasonably well and is reasonably lightweight so I'm not sure if
that's an option?

Peter