Fedora 10 on XO

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Dec 4 18:11:25 EST 2008

Hi,

   > This is the case for the official Fedora 10.  It need not be the
   > case for an rpm-based system built out of the Fedora 10
   > repositories.  I am currently working on a solution which should
   > comfortably fit into the 1 GB of NAND FLASH.  Call it a respin.
   > rpmxo.

* So we'd ship two different distributions on the NAND?
* Would they live on different partitions?
* How will we allocate space between them?
* Will they be upgraded separately?
* How much extra space on the NAND are we going to use?
* Will it stop us from being able to hold two SugarOS builds on the NAND
  at the same time after olpc-update, as we do now?

Anyway, you get the idea -- this brings up a massive amount of issues,
so we should be talking about it more than we have been.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>