wiki.laptop.org upgrade

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Thu Dec 4 15:44:58 EST 2008

Let's keep this discussion civil...

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org> wrote:
>
> I was speaking of larger communication issues.

Great.  Can we resolve them by providing more and more regular (and
more public!) information?  Communication issues are rarely fixed by
throwing pies.

> Two week ago you said that a statement would be forthcoming about the
> relationship between Sugar Labs and OLPC.

What do you expect in such a statement?  What is the relationship in your words?

I don't know what Ed had in mind, but I'd like to see more and more
casual discussions of this on all sides.

> Two week ago you said that a statement would be forthcoming
> ...Instead, you asked one of your employees to to say that a
> statement would be coming.  Thereby putting his reputation,
> not yours, on the line.

Please assume good faith.  Your comment above assumes ill will and is,
to the best of my knowledge, misguided.

> Last week, I contacted you in regard to Fudcon planning.
> You said that you would work it out and get back to us.
> I relayed that information back to Fedora; as one would relay

We should all be talking together, no relays necessary.   Some of
these planning updates are on my plate, and I will get back with more
news tonight.  What are Sugar Labs' plans for Fudcon?  Providing more
public information on all sides will help everone, more than the
tastiest food fight.

SJ
1 617 529 4266