wiki.laptop.org upgrade

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Dec 4 05:08:41 EST 2008

Ed McNierney wrote:
> What was the motivation for this upgrade?  Why did we need to take the wiki
> offline for several hours during our G1G1 promotion?  Thanks.

It was offline for approximately 45 minutes (and it was mostly due to
a weird problem that took a while to figure out).

The main motivation for the upgrade was installing OpenID to enable
single-sign-on across all the web applications.  Secondarily, it's
always safer to keep web applications up to date.  I also did a few
cleanups to ensure the next updates will be a little easier.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/