Java & Scratch on XO

John Maloney jmaloney at media.mit.edu
Mon Dec 1 09:16:05 EST 2008

Hi, Tomeu.

Thanks for your reply. It's great that there is a way to handle this!

I took a quick look at the EToys .xo bundle and did not see a
mimetypes.xml file. However, I did notice that EToys lists a lot of
mime types in it's activity.info. What I don't see is how the system
would know what file extension to associate with a type like
"application/x-squeak-project". Is that what the mimetypes.xml is for?
Do you know of any other activity that uses a mimetypes.xml file that
would be a good model for Scratch?

	-- John