Frimware Q2E15 and Joyride-2368, good and bad

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 22:02:55 EDT 2008

Here some impressions from exercising Joyride-2368 and Firmware Q2E15:
First the good:
- Nice larger font in Q2E15
- Control-Panel, in 'About my XO' now also the Sugar version is displayed
  (here 0.82) and license info has been added.
- After suspend/resume using the power button the WiFi reconnects properly.
- No network problems after idle-supend/resume
The bad:
- Bounce (aka 3Dpong) has become completely unplayable. The screen
update is very jerky.
  In earlier builds it was smooth.
  Something to do with the X-server changes for Etoys?
- My touchpad has become very jumpy, worse than before 2368.
  I'll play a little bit more with the psmouse parameters before
  filing a new ticket or adding to #7788.

Ton van Overbeek