Problems using pilgrim

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Sat Aug 30 15:53:51 EDT 2008

Hi

I am a member of olpc-ch which is promoting OLPC in Switzerland.
See also http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Ngiger. As I had
to customize manually 10 OLPCs to use German/Switzerland as language
for a presentation of OLPC to more than 100 children in Switzerland
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-ch/2008-August/000153.html

I tried to find a better solution, especially that I would like to be able to
update a bunch of OLPC to customized bundle of activities.

Therefore I tried to follow the instructions given in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pilgrim and in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Building_custom_images
After cloning the git repo to /home/src/olpc/pilgrim and patching the sources
as in the attached diff. I executed the following command in
/home/src/olpc/pilgrim
sudo ./pilgrim-autobuild --config-dir . --stream olpc-development --dest-dir .

I got the following errors;
>  * Building stream from
> /home/src/olpc/pilgrim/./streams.d/olpc-development.stream git commit hash
> for this build
> commit 7b261d7289d1b2cebbd4d809e1c948dce2773c3b
> .: 1: olpc-branch.conf: not found
>  * Product name is "XO-1 Operating System" (xo-1)
>  * Vendor is "One Laptop Per Child Association, Inc." (olpc)
>  * Error: PILGRIM_STREAM_NAME not set in stream definition file
I am using a bash shell version 3.2.39 on a Debian testing/unstable x86 box.

Any help is appreciated as I am a little confused, about the meaning of  the
variables in streams.d/olpc-branch.conf. (I  volunteer to improve the
wiki page on  laptop.org based on the answer.)

Thanks in advance

--
NIklaus Giger