Power-on to GUI in 20 seconds

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Aug 29 17:09:34 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 04:58:56PM -0400, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> Martin Dengler wrote:
>
> >Could SD/USB key space be used instead of NAND?
>
> Yes. But then you have to ship one of those devices.

Indeed.  For G1G1 people like me an SD card that allowed me to boot
super quickly, or even a few of them with different builds that I
could swap between for testing purposes, would be really cool.

If there are any pearls of wisdom around (or prerequisites thereto) I
would try to help convert them into recipies.  If it'd be helpful to
future G1G1 people even better.

Martin