OFW Q2E14 is available for testing

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 03:54:02 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 09:41, David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well my actual intention was to use the actual XOy stuff with the
> eee... not just install debian on an eee... I thought testing
> connecting to the ejabberd server for collaboration services and the
> possibility for it to recognize other laptops including xos as well as
> collaborate with them might be an interesting idea...
>
> I guess I shall try the reverse... install debian, then sugar and then
> see if I can get collaboration working...

That should work fine. The collaboration stack in Sugar is orthogonal
to the network connection method - mesh, wifi, wired ethernet... if it
uses NetworkManager then Sugar will use it.

Debian unstable has Sucrose 0.82, and there's a PPA for ubuntu hardy
on http://sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Ubuntu.

Regards
Morgan