Bug Triage Update

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:06:52 EDT 2008

Hi All,

We pushed ahead and triaged bugs up to 8179.

The next triage is planned for freenode.net #olpc-meeting tomorrow
(Friday) at 1PM US ET.

I plan to catch up to the newest bugs at that time. Next up after that
we will go over everything marked blocks:8.2.0 and blocks?:8.2.0 one
more time and see if we can pick the final, "must fix" set.

Thanks to everyone for helping to test. There was a broad spectrum of
people reporting issues but I want to especially thank:
thomaswamm
dsd
hoboprimate

Lots of people made a mark on the bug database this week and I
appreciate everyone's contribution. Just wanted to mention those three
as being especially active.

Keep the bug reports coming and mark them blocks?:8.2.0 if they need
special attention.

There is added demand for a release sooner than later. Its coming
especially from pending deployments in Rwanda, Mongolia, and Haiti.

We need to make some hard decisions to get a release out in
mid-September. The more info we have on the quality of the release the
better decision we can make. So don't hesitate to mention any issues on
the list or in the bug database.

You can see important bugs which we are likely to defer and only mention
them in the release notes at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.0#Notable_Open_Bugs_In_This_Release

For instructions on how to test the latest pre-release image, see:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing

Thanks,

Greg S