Blocks? and bug 8090

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 13:25:59 EDT 2008

Greg Smith wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> Reading the "Blocks?" bugs this morning: http://dev.laptop.org/report/29
>
> I noticed that we can get a lot of them off the list if we can close
> or defer 8090.
>
> Where are we with activity launching? Is it good enough and we have
> the main issues ironed out?
>
> I see mention of "Eben's" patch in the bug. Is that in the latest
> joyride?

Eben tested his patch quite extensively and we had another couple of
guys testing it, without finding any regression. The patch will go
joyride soon, hopefully tonight, at worst tomorrow.

I like the approach and we did some good testing. But the issue is very
complicated and I think it will need at least a couple of days of
testing in joyride to see if we ironed out all the issues.

> If its as fast or faster than 708 and we have no other serious issues
> (aside from 7876 which we will address separately), let's declare
> victory and come back to it in 9.1 as needed.

This is not about performance actually. They are several behavior issues.

Marco