Scratch localization.

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Aug 27 12:54:18 EDT 2008

Am 27.08.2008 um 18:38 schrieb C. Scott Ananian:

> Scratch appears to require manual editing of the Scratch.ini file in
> order to come up in a language other than English.  Is there any way I
> can pass a command-line option in bin/scratch-activity to set the
> Language preference based on the value of $LANG?  I'd prefer that we
> not have to ship a different Scratch bundle per-country.

The Right Way to do it would be using the LocalePlugin, as Etoys does.

If you need to patch up the bundle you could use the symlink trick
again, the actual Scratch.ini would live in data/. Thus the language
(and other settings possibly) that the user choses would persist. When
running for the first time, the startup script could generate an
initial Scratch.ini for the right language.

- Bert -