Network transparent XS services - limitations and alternatives

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:40:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:28 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> That's a nice rhetorical trick.  And wrong.

No tricks with me. It is a development strategy I have been using for
years to deliver working code for users.

> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Network_principles#Disconnected_operation is
> a principled means to substitute unavailable resources in the offline
> case.

The solution you suggest has problems, and I mentioned them in my
previous email. Have you got any light to shed on them? I also asked a
few questions around points where you are saying that I "should know
better".

If there's enough substance, I don't mind rudeness.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions