Scratch activity problems

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Aug 26 15:42:04 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2. Saving of files:
> Scratch does not use the Journal, it uses the regular filesystem.
> Rainbow prevents Scratch from saving in usual locations. So, Scratch
> ships with a world-writable "Projects" directory underneath the activity
> directory, but this does not work when the activity is installed from a
> customization key. (the directory is not writable in this case)

I'm not sure I'm convinced by the diagnosis here.  Since olpc-utils v
0.63, we've fixed up permissions for /home/olpc to make it world
eXecutable, in olpc-configure.  Perhaps the bug here is that you are
running the customization key *after* first boot, instead of doing the
tested reflash/customization procedure.  It's possible that old
versions of olpc-configure wouldn't re-configure /home after the
customization key?
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )