using wiki pageviews per country of origin to motivate translations

Brian Jordan brian at laptop.org
Tue Aug 26 15:37:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Erik Garrison <erik at laptop.org> wrote:
> It has recently come to my attention that the majority of the traffic on
> the wiki is coming from Uruguay XO users (students it seems).

I think this could motivate activity developers as well -- it's
discouraging to think your new activity won't come "included on the
laptop", but very encouraging when considering how many Uruguay
students visit the activity download page each day (thousands, IIRC).

> Could we track, or are we already tracking, pageviews per page by
> country of origin on wiki.laptop.org?  It would be an extremely useful
> metric in deciding which pages should be translated into which
> languages.

Seth has been tracking this using Google Analytics -- do you have
interesting numbers to share?