CIFS will be strategic in some settings, but not included

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 07:46:21 EDT 2008

I wonder if CIFS vs WebDAV is an either/or type of decision.  My  first
google shows a driver effort called davfs2.  This appears to implement
network access via a driver (ala nfs, smb).
If it turns out to be usable, I can see that a single project could satisfy
Martin's 6 requirements (via WebDAV) and universality (via CIFS). The
journal integration, authentication UI, and the UI in general, could be the
same for both drivers.