Regressions(?) in latest joyride build 2321, 2323

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 14:54:54 EDT 2008

When trying the latest joyride builds (last one I tried was 2331) I noticed
the following regressions (firmware Q2E14):
- As many have already reported the mesh device msh0 is gone. This caused
  cerebro to abort and consequently to hang the shutdown.
  Why cannot we use the mesh any more???

- WiFi AP handling has serious problems.
  On the neighborhood view and in the frame there is no longer a
  Disconnect option after you associate an AP.
  In my case I had 2 APs in my /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/network.cfg,
  one open one and my preferred home one with a WPA-PSK password.
  Almost impossible to connect to my home AP. It keeps prompting for
  the password (although it is already in network.cfg).
  Finally by removing the open access point from network.cfg I can now
  connect.

Is the removal of the 'Disconnect' option intentional?
Is this a sugar issue, or does the new libertas firmware have anything to
do with the WiFi problems?
Does Q2E14 have anything to do with the mesh disappearing or is it also
the libertas firmware?

Ton van Overbeek