Write cannot handle Composed dead characters

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 06:53:49 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta
<sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes indeed - in that case, it does work (I removed
> /etc/olpc-security). I also noticed that before I removed
> olpc-security, I had to set the font manually, now I don't need to do
> this. (Some interaction problems between fontconfig and rainbow ??)
>
> The relevant piece of code is in
> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/olpc-utils;a=blob;f=usr/bin/olpc-session;h=473d75dcb214955468ddb74cb2bd76138a02d353;hb=HEAD#l29
>
> Any idea on how we can set the variable so that the activities can use
> this properly ?

We should probably add this to the patch on this ticket:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7921

Duplication sucks, but I don't have a better idea. (anyone?)

> Interestingly though, activities like Browse seems to
> handle the composed characters just fine even if security is enabled.

Some activities are not run inside rainbow (Terminal and Log for
example). About Browse, perhaps mozilla doesn't use gtk im modules.

Marco