is there something that eats develop.sig ?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Aug 22 17:17:53 EDT 2008

q2e12.  Had a "customization" USB stick.  OFW would not recognize
it.  [Found out later that having a USB keyboard plugged in caused
this OFW behavior -- when I tried booting without anything external
plugged in except the "customization" USB stick, OFW recognized it.]

The system started out with develop.sig in /security (plus some
other stuff).  When I my "customization" stick was not being
recognized, I tried booting with various combinations of game
buttons.  Somewhere along the line the /security directory got
emptied.  Now OFW refused to boot the (non-signed) build that had
been installed on that system.  [Ended up flashing a signed build,
just to be able to access that system again.]

Is there any documentation about when develop.sig would be erased ?

mikus