joyride releases

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Aug 21 22:48:14 EDT 2008

On 22 Aug 2008, at 02:53, Ricardo Carrano wrote:
> I am reading a ticket (7967) that reports tests based on joyride 2302.
> But this version did not seem to be released (from 2301 it jumps to
> 2311).
> What am I missing?

Hi Ricardo,

Well as I understand it the fedora infrastructure outage stopped
everything after 2302 until 2311, but I think 2311 may just have got
in there by luck, as servers popped alive again for a short time, or
because cscott was quick enough pulling needed packages from koji
before it went off-line again (I'm not sure if he's confident he has
everything needed mirrored yet).

Folks are still keeping quiet as to why fedora infrastructure was
taken off-line.

Looking at Berts script is always useful I find, so 2302 was identical
to 2301 (no change), and 2311 onwards has been fairly patch quiet and/
or a bit random:

	http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/joyride-pkgs.html

So far I'm hanging back and sticking to work with 2301 until things
stabilise and we get some confirmation of what has happened. Lots of
new, and interesting changes to go test, but no XO images with them in
yet (unless you have a jhbuild system set up and are willing to test
only on an emulator).

--Gary