wpa_supplicant troubles in 8.2-754?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 20:39:34 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Ricardo Carrano <carrano at laptop.org> wrote:
> Just one initial remark. Turning the debug on in wpa_supplicant
> changes its timing behaviour and may introduce heisenbugs.
> But for me at least, what you report is new.

Yep - I think I've seen discussion of timings on WPA responses from certain APs.

This is more serious though - the machine we are talking about cannot
talk to any conventional AP (encrypted or not) since I've upgraded it
to 8.2-754 -- however, it talks to the AA like a champ. The same
machine, on 2301 could talk to the same AP with WPA on and off. Odd.

I'll do a bit of comparative testing betwen 2301 and 8.2-754

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions