wpa_supplicant troubles in 8.2-754?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:26:24 EDT 2008

Testing connectivity to the XS via an AP, I'm having trouble connected
to a WPA-PSK encrypted AP. It turns out that wpa_supplicant is not
running (NM complains "error opening supplicant global control
interface") and that even if I run it manually, it's not creating its
socket in /var/run/wpa_supplicant. With wpa_supplicant running and
with -ddd NM cannot talk to it, and wpa_supplicant itselfs logs
nothing after startup.

Known? New?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions