ejabberd XS package questions

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 06:27:58 EDT 2008

Le mercredi 20 août 2008 à 11:15 -0400, John Watlington a écrit :
> This has been previously discussed on this list.
> On Fedora, ejabberdctl requires the erlang nodename as the first
> argument:
> ejabberdctl ejabberd register admin <hostname> <passwd>
>
> This is documented at:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Configuration_Management#Small_School.
> 2FHome_School

I tried to launch ejabberdctl with the node argument, but that doesn't
change anything.

I got this error when trying to change the domain name as explained on
the wiki:

[root at schoolserver ~]# /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config
schoolserver.cbg.collabora.co.uk random.xs.laptop.org
Changing from random.xs.laptop.org to schoolserver.cbg.collabora.co.uk
find: /fsroot.olpc/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config.d/: No such
file or directory

Btw, which version of xs-config and xs-pkgs should be installed? I had
to remove them when I desinstalled ejabberd during my tests then I
reinstalled these 2 packages using yum. The installed versions are
xs-config-0.2.5-6 and xs-pkgs-0.3.0-1.

Thanks for your help.