New Test firmware

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Tue Aug 19 22:39:39 EDT 2008

Richard Smith wrote:

> I have a new test firmware up for all you brave firmware testers.
> Last time I didn't give it enough soak time before rolling a q2e13 and
> had to brown bag it.  So I'd appreciate testing across a bunch of
> different builds.
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~rsmith/q20158.rom

Andres found a problem with the above firmware, such that it won't boot
the OS in unsecure mode with some versions of olpc.fth .

The problem is in the OFW bits (my bailiwick) instead of in Richard's EC
bits.

I have build a new test version that includes the EC bits from Richard's
test version above, along with a fix for the boot problem:

http://dev.laptop.org/~wmb/q2e13d.rom

Please test with q2e13d.rom instead of q20158.rom ; otherwise you are
likely to experience problems.

Richard - svn head has the OFW fix.  My tests of your new EC bits have
succeeded.  I have an installation where the touchpad fails with e13 and
works with e13d .