ejabberd XS package questions

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 07:56:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm working on the ejabberd package for the XS. We'd like to provide an
updated package based on ejabberd 2.0.1 which "just work" once is
installed. The goal is of course to simplify as much as possible the
deployment of ejabberd servers for schools and community users.

My current package is hosted in this git repo:
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/cassidy/ejabberd-rpm;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/XS

Here is few points I'd like to discuss:

- Where are hosted XS packages source? I guess my ejabberd package
should belong here.

- /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.pem is not installed by current XS package but
xs-config provide it. Recently, the Fedora's devel package was updated
to generate this file at the package installation (#5834). I integrated
this change in my package so we'll probably have to drop ejabberd.pem
from xs-config.

- Same question about ejabberd.cfg which is currently overridden by
xs-config. The XS package should directly provide the right conf file I
guess.

Thanks

	G.