comments on late joyrides re: rt performance

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Sat Aug 16 18:17:09 EDT 2008

you are absolutely right. I can use very large buffers; however there
are two things: I was using quite large ones (but not the immense ones you
quoted)
but  say 8192 samples, and I was still getting dropouts. The larger
the buffer the longer the dropouts were lasting for. Yes, I can try
with larger buffers. But in any case, the target is not the MIDI app,
that was just the test case, because it was simpler than hooking
a keyboard and playing along.

Victor